FORT MADISON, Iowa (AP) — Iowa prison officials say an inmate serving a life term has died at a Fort Madison hospital.
Officials say Robert James Carter was pronounced dead at Sunday afternoon at the Fort Madison Community Hospital, where he had been taken due to suffering a medical emergency. Carter was 73. An autopsy has been ordered.
Carter had been serving a life term for a first-degree sexual abuse conviction out of Cerro Gordo County. His sentence began on November 7, 1997.
- Iowa prison inmate from Cerro Gordo Co. serving life term dies
- Green Bay woman serving time in Cerro Gordo County
- Judge rules against former Cerro Gordo County jail inmate
- Prison sentence for fatal collision in Cerro Gordo County
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- First confirmed flu in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County dispatchers receive $16,000 grant
- Car theft sentence in Cerro Gordo County
- Rollover accident in Cerro Gordo County
- Whooping cough confirmed in Cerro Gordo County