REMSEN, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a person trapped inside a grain bin has died in northwest Iowa.
Officers and medics were dispatched around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday to a property about 5½ miles south of Remsen.
The Plymouth County Sheriff's Office said in a news release Wednesday that the person died in the bin before being reached by rescuers.
The person's name hasn't been released.
- Iowa officials say person stuck in grain bin died
- Firefighters practice grain bin rescues
- Man dies after getting trapped in Minnesota grain bin
- Grain bin death in Worth County
- Man rescued from Dodge County grain bin
- Wind causes grain bin to collapse in Hancock County
- Update: Mason City man found deceased in Rockwell grain bin
- Floyd County students learn about grain bin safety
- Mower County students learn about grain bin safety
- Cresco firefighters deal with grain dryer and bin fires