MABEL, Minn. – An Iowa motorcyclist is dead after colliding with a horse in Fillmore County.
It happened around 11:30 am Friday in the 40000 block of Highway 44, west of Mabel and east of the junction of highways 44 and 52. The Fillmore County Sheriff’s Office says 60-year-old Timothy Holt of Decorah was riding a 2000 Harley-Davidson motorcycle east when he hit the horse in the eastbound lane. The Minnesota State Patrol says the horse had been grazing in the south ditch but broke free of its chain and got onto the highway. The motorcycle rider braked and swerved but could not avoid impact.
Holt was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Sheriff’s Office says the horse was also killed in the accident.
The Minnesota State Patrol and Mabel fire and ambulance assisted at the scene.
- Name released of Iowa motorcyclist killed in Fillmore County crash
- Motorcyclist hurt in Fillmore county accident
- Motorcycle crash in Fillmore County
- Fillmore County fugitive caught in northeast Iowa
- Fillmore County rollover injures Iowa driver
- Motorcyclist killed in Wednesday morning Rochester crash
- Teen killed in semi vs. car crash in Fillmore County
- Two injured in Fillmore County crash
- Two hurt in Fillmore County motorcycle crash
- One-vehicle crash in Fillmore County