SIOUX CITY, Iowa (AP) — An Iowa man was severely burned when his camper exploded after he lit a cigarette.
The Sioux City Journal reports the explosion happened around 2 p.m. Sunday in the town of Schleswig. The 28-year-old injured man was flown to another hospital for treatment of his burns afterward.
The Crawford County Sheriff's office says the 28-year-old opened the door of his camper to light a cigarette just before the explosion.
The camper was destroyed in the blast. Three nearby businesses sustained minor wall damage from the explosion.
Information from: Sioux City Journal, http://www.siouxcityjournal.com
- Iowa man seriously hurt when his camper exploded Sunday
- Camper fire in Albert Lea
- Austin teen hurt in Sunday crash
- Two hurt in Sunday collision in Rochester
- Four hurt in Iowa meat plant accident
- Five Iowans hurt in Sunday crash in Goodhue County
- Monday's local sports highlights: Iowa prep explodes for 60 points at Mason City
- Four hurt, one killed in northwest Iowa collision
- At least 7 hurt in southwest Iowa school bus collision
- 2 arrested after 2-state chase; Iowa trooper hurt in crash