Iowa man seriously hurt when his camper exploded Sunday

An Iowa man was severely burned when his camper exploded after he lit a cigarette.

Posted: Oct 1, 2018 6:12 AM

SIOUX CITY, Iowa (AP) — An Iowa man was severely burned when his camper exploded after he lit a cigarette.

The Sioux City Journal reports the explosion happened around 2 p.m. Sunday in the town of Schleswig. The 28-year-old injured man was flown to another hospital for treatment of his burns afterward.

The Crawford County Sheriff's office says the 28-year-old opened the door of his camper to light a cigarette just before the explosion.

The camper was destroyed in the blast. Three nearby businesses sustained minor wall damage from the explosion.

___

Information from: Sioux City Journal, http://www.siouxcityjournal.com

Article Comments

Mason City
Scattered Clouds
82° wxIcon
Hi: 88° Lo: 68°
Feels Like: 87°
Albert Lea
Clear
84° wxIcon
Hi: 86° Lo: 68°
Feels Like: 88°
Austin
Clear
84° wxIcon
Hi: 87° Lo: 70°
Feels Like: 86°
Charles City
Clear
82° wxIcon
Hi: 84° Lo: 68°
Feels Like: 87°
Rochester
Clear
84° wxIcon
Hi: 83° Lo: 67°
Feels Like: 88°
Tracking a soggy start to the weekend followed by a drop in temps
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Latest Video

Image

Veterans Treatment Court

Image

School Tutors Needed

Image

New Mexican Restaurant

Image

Fillmore County Body Found

Image

Rescued Horse Gets New Home

Image

3 Things to Watch

Image

Save Our Healthcare

Image

Save our Healthcare celebration

Image

Sara's Daybreak Forecast - Friday

Image

Global Climate Strike happening today

Community Events