ROCHESTER, Minn. – An Iowa man has pleaded guilty to buying a car with counterfeit money.
26-year-old Terry Lee Grotegut Jr. of Waukon, IA was arrested in November and charged with theft of a motor vehicle and theft by swindle. The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office says Grotegut purchased the car with phony hundred dollar bills.
Grotegut initially told authorities he got the money from selling a motorcycle earlier that day. On Friday, however, he pleaded guilty to theft by swindle and was given two years of unsupervised probation and ordered to perform 90 hours of community service or pay a $900 fine.
- Iowa man pleads guilty in Olmsted County
- Olmsted County sex offender pleads guilty again
- Mower County man pleads guilty to Olmsted County chase
- Texas man pleads not guilty to Olmsted County drug crimes
- Olmsted County woman pleads not guilty to gun threat
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty in North Iowa
- Man pleads guilty to crimes in two North Iowa counties
- Freeborn County woman pleads guilty to stalking North Iowa man
- Guilty plea in Olmsted County crash
- Man wanted in Olmsted County