CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) — A 28-year-old Iowa man has been sentenced to five years in prison for injuring his girlfriend and causing her death.
KCRG reports that Cody Brown was sentenced Friday to the maximum sentence for involuntary manslaughter in the connection with the June 2018 death of 24-year-old Stephanie Bowling.
Prosecutors say Brown threw Bowling to the ground during an argument, and she died several days later from head injuries.
About 50 of Bowling's friends and family members attended the sentencing hearing. She was the mother of two daughters, who were ages 2 and 8 when she died.
- Iowa man gets 5 years in prison for girlfriend's death
- Prison sentence for man who choked his girlfriend
- Man charged with murder in death of girlfriend's baby son in southern Iowa
- Iowa man charged with death of girlfriend’s 19-month-old daughter
- Iowa man sentenced to life for killing girlfriend
- NE Iowa man gets life for killing girlfriend's daughter
- North Iowa man gets nearly 20 years in federal prison
- Manslaughter charge over death in Iowa prison residential facility
- Prison for North Iowa arsonist
- Albert lea man sentenced in North Iowa to 10 years in prison