DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — A man in central Iowa has claimed his $1 million prize in the Powerball lottery game.
Iowa Lottery officials say George Dickerson, of Colfax, bought a ticket on Dec. 30 that eventually ultimately the first five numbers of that night's drawing but missed the Powerball number and, thus, the jackpot.
Dickerson bought the ticket at a Kum & Go convenience store in Colfax.
The jackpot eventually climbed to nearly $560 million. A lone Powerball ticket sold in New Hampshire matched all six numbers Saturday night, one day after another single ticket sold in Florida nabbed a $450 million Mega Millions grand prize.
- Iowa man claims $1 million lottery prize
- Charles City woman claims $100,000 lottery prize
- $1-million dollar Iowa Lottery prize not claimed 1 month later
- One month left to claim $1M Iowa Lottery prize
- Cerro Gordo County man claims lottery prize ... again
- Mason City man wins $10,000 lottery prize
- Less than 24 hours left to claim $1 million lottery prize
- Underage winner of $50,000 Iowa lottery prize charged with fraud
- Mason City woman wins $50K lottery prize
- Man facing sex crime wins big lottery prize