DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Authorities have charged a Des Moines man with child endangerment over the death of a 2-year-old boy.
Polk County District Court records say 37-year-old Nicholas Rivera is due in court Sept. 17. The records don't list the name of an attorney who could comment for him.
The records show Rivera and the little boy's 18-year-old sister took him to a hospital on May 24. Doctors said the boy's injuries were consistent with "abusive brain trauma" that wasn't accidental, and they noted bruising on the boy's back that may have been caused by fingers.
Police say Rivera and the little boy's sister had been caring for the child when the injuries occurred.
- Iowa man charged with child endangerment for 2-year-old's death
- Charles City man charged with child endangerment
- Mason City man charged with OWI facing child endangerment charges
- Child endangerment charge dropped against Charles City man
- Northeast Iowa woman pleads not guilty to child endangerment
- Prison sentence for Charles City child endangerment
- Woman accused of child endangerment gets probation
- Winnebago Co. woman arrested for child endangerment
- Mason City man is convicted of child endangerment
- Sheriff: Chatfield man arrested for DWI, child endangerment