ADEL, Iowa (AP) — A man charged with murder and other crimes in the starvation death of his 16-year-old adopted daughter has reached a plea deal with Iowa prosecutors.
Dallas County District Court records say a plea hearing is scheduled Friday afternoon for 43-year-old Marc Ray. He and his wife, 40-year-old Misty Bousman-Ray, already have pleaded not guilty in the May 2017 death of Sabrina Ray in their Perry home. Authorities say the girl weighed just 56 pounds when she died.
The records don't outline what his plea deal includes. The records don't show that Misty Bousman-Ray has reached any deal. Her trial is still scheduled to start Feb. 4 in Sioux City. The trial was moved to Woodbury County because of pretrial publicity in Dallas County.
- Iowa man charged in girl's starvation death reaches plea deal
- Iowa mom gets 3 life sentences in girl's starvation death
- Adoptive brother taking plea deal in Iowa girl's death
- Austin man reaches plea deal over assault charges
- Mason City man reaches plea deal over multiple drug charges
- Plea deal reached in North Iowa blizzard chase
- Former Trump attorney reaches plea deal on federal charges
- Woman found guilty in daughter's starvation death
- Man reaches plea deal in four criminal cases.