A Dubuque man has been arrested in Minnesota on a vehicular homicide charge related to a fatal motorcycle crash in August.
The Telegraph Herald reports that 40-year-old Shannon Katka was recently arrested in Albert Lea, Minnesota, on a warrant charging him with vehicular homicide while operating under the influence.
Police say Katka was driving the motorcycle the night of Aug. 29 in Dubuque when he lost control on a highway entrance ramp and crashed.
His passenger, 43-year-old Shelly Brenke, was thrown from the bike and died at the scene. Police say Katka's blood alcohol level above the legal limit to drive at the time of the crash.
- Iowa man arrested in Albert Lea on vehicular homicide warrant
- Albert Lea's Glazier picks Iowa
- Northwest Iowa woman charged with 2 counts of vehicular homicide
- Albert Lea man arrested in Austin
- Man arrested for Albert Lea church burglary
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- Albert Lea man pleads guilty to North Iowa car chase
- Criminal vehicular homicide charge in Fillmore County collision
- Vehicular homicide trial to start Tuesday in Mason City
- Albert Lea police investigate shooting