DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Iowa tight end T.J. Hockenson is leaving school early for the NFL.
The Hawkeyes announced on Monday that Hockenson, a redshirt sophomore, will join teammates Noah Fant, Anthony Nelson and Amani Hooker as early entrees in the draft.
The 6-foot-5, 250-pound Hockenson won the Mackey Award, given to the nation's top tight end, in 2018. He caught 49 passes for 760 yards and six touchdowns last season, helping the Hawkeyes finish 9-4 and ranked 25th in the final poll of the year.
- Iowa TE T.J. Hockenson leaving for the NFL draft
- Hawkeyes' Hockenson goes #8 in NFL draft
- Iowa TE Noah Fant to declare for NFL draft, skip bowl game
- Iowa State star RB entering NFL Draft
- Iowa loses CB Jackson, C Daniels early to NFL Draft
- Iowa's Fant does to Denver at #20 in NFL draft
- Iowa star defensive end A.J. Epenesa declares for NFL Draft
- Vikings emphasize athleticism at 2018 NFL draft
- Could two Hawkeyes go in NFL draft's first round?
- Vikings take North Carolina's Bradbury in NFL draft