AMES, Iowa (AP) — Iowa State coach Matt Campbell said he will support quarterback Jacob Park if he intends to transfer to another school.
Campbell released a statement Monday night after the Des Moines Register quoted Park as saying he asked for a release from his scholarship.
Park, a junior, was Iowa State's starting quarterback until early October, when he went on an indefinite leave of absence. The Cyclones then turned to senior Kyle Kempt, who is 5-2 as a starter.
Campbell says he and his staff will help Park in the transfer process, which would likely leave Zeb Noland as the favorite to take over in 2018.
Iowa State (7-5) faces Memphis (10-2) in the Liberty Bowl on Dec. 30.
- Iowa State would support QB Jacob Park's transfer request
- Iowa State QB Zeb Noland to transfer
- SAW: Osage's Brenna Jacobs
- SAW: Newman's Jacob McBride
- Iowa governor claims lawmakers can't challenge $13M transfer
- Sheriff explains mistakes in Jacob Wetterling case
- Killer of Jacob Wetterling loses molestation lawsuit
- Iowa St QB Kyle Kempt day to day for No. 5 Oklahoma game
- Student-Athlete of the Week: Rockford's Jacob Staudt
- The case for Keenum: Vikings QB keeps on disproving doubters