AMES, Iowa (AP) — Iowa State has shuffled its offensive coaching staff, moving three assistants into new positions to compensate for the loss of coordinator Tom Manning to the Indianapolis Colts.
The Cyclones announced on Friday that graduate assistant Jeff Myers will take over as the offensive line coach. Passing game coordinator Jim Hofner will be a senior offensive analyst and an assistant to head coach Matt Campbell. Joel Gordon will serve as the program's quarterbacks coach.
The Colts announced late last month that Manning, who was also Iowa State's line coach, will work with their tight ends under new coach Frank Reich.
Iowa State averaged 29.2 points per game last season, the third-highest total in school history.
- Iowa State shuffles coaching staff ahead of spring workouts
- Day after Thanksgiving workout
- AP source: Nebraska hires former Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg
- UNC women's basketball coaching staff put on leave
- Spring Valley teen killed in Iowa crash
- Spring turkey harvest down in Iowa
- Former North Iowa Huskies coach Motzko named new Gophers coach
- Iowa coach Fran McCaffery suspended 2 games
- North Iowa Bulls coach climbs to NAHL
- Flags to fly at half-staff for Iowa WWII soldier