AMES, Iowa (AP) — Iowa State University has sanctioned one of its sororities for hazing, but few details were disclosed.
The Des Moines Register reports the Sigma Gamma Rho sorority has been given a deferred suspension through May 2021 because of the hazing reported by two of its members.
University officials didn't disclose details of the hazing. The sorority is allowed to continue operating at this point, but it could be suspended if there are additional rules violations.
Ames Police Commander Jason Tuttle says two members of the sorority reported that they were verbally harassed by other members after they reported the hazing, but he said police don't know the details of the hazing report.
- Iowa State sanctions sorority after hazing reported
- President waives Iran sanctions
- Iowa department reports norovirus outbreaks
- Iowa State Track & Field qualifiers
- Four flu-related deaths reported in Iowa
- Tornadoes reported in eastern and southwestern Iowa
- Opioid related deaths in Iowa declining: report
- Iowa Congressman criticized in ethics report
- First child flu death reported in Iowa
- Illinois man reported missing in North Iowa