IRVING, Texas (AP) — Oklahoma is the favorite to win another Big 12 football title, according to the conference's preseason media poll released Wednesday.
The Sooners have won the league the last four years and 12 Big 12 championships overall. Oklahoma also made the College Football Playoff three of the past four seasons.
Texas was picked second by media covering the league. The top two teams will meet in the conference championship game on Dec. 7. The Longhorns lost to the Sooners in the title matchup in 2018.
Iowa State, TCU and Oklahoma State round out the top five picks.
The Big 12 will have four new head coaches in 2019 with Les Miles at Kansas, Chris Klieman at Kansas State, Matt Wells at Texas Tech and Neal Brown at West Virginia.
- Iowa State picked to finish third in Big 12
- Iowa State’s Big 12 Schedule Announced
- Riceville's Throndson picks Upper Iowa
- Albert Lea's Glazier picks Iowa
- 60 years in the making: Iowa's Highway 20 expansion finished
- Iowa State falls to 0-4 in Big 12 with narrow loss at Kansas
- Iowa State to appeal $25K Big 12 fine for field storming
- Iowa State hands No. 8 Texas Tech 1st Big 12 loss, 68-64
- Horton-Tucker leads Iowa State past Baylor 83-66 in Big 12
- Lakers get Iowa State's Horton-Tucker in 2nd round after trading top pick