MASON CITY, Iowa- According to the Iowa State Patrol there have been 280 deaths on Iowa roadways as of November 21st. With more snow in the forecast for this weekend troopers want drivers to be mindful while driving.
Trooper Keith Duenow with the Iowa State Patrol says many drivers out this holiday weekend are likely still adjusting to winter like conditions. He asks that drivers drive defensively as Storm Team 3 is forecasting several inches of snow this weekend when people might be driving home.
“We still have some secondary roadways that have some snow and ice on them,” he said. “It’s still a little slippery at those intersections so giving yourself enough time to stop is important.”
Trooper Duenow also said that if you don’t feel comfortable going the posted speed limit because of bad road conditions that you can drive under the limit at a pace you feel like you are in control of your vehicle.
- Iowa State Patrol warns of winter like conditions during holiday weekend
- Iowa State Patrol says expect winter conditions on roads
- Iowa State Patrol releases numbers from 4th of July weekend
- Iowa State Patrol negotiators win competition
- Holiday driving in snowy conditions
- Iowa State Patrol warns against using cell phones as a GPS
- Farm Bureau and State Patrol warning against distracted driving in Iowa
- Iowa State Patrol issued tow ban during Wednesday's snow storm
- Iowa State Patrol releases 'Click it or Ticket' numbers
- Iowa State Patrol: Texting while driving citations see significant jump