KIMT News 3-According to the Iowa State Patrol as well as several people driving, the roads Monday were less than favorable.
On Highway 122 between Mason City and Clear Lake the roads were pretty clear of snow, but high winds made for low visibility and white out conditions in certain areas.
In Mason City the roadways were still pretty covered from the overnight snow.
Dozens of truckers stopped at a local truck stop because they said the driving conditions were too bad to continue.
One truck driver we spoke with says people need to get off the phones and watch the road during these conditions.
“The wind is pretty bad,” says Troy Hester of Pensacola Florida. “You see it all of the time, people are very distracted when they drive, but when conditions are like this people tend to pay attention a little more.”
- Iowa State Patrol says expect winter conditions on roads
- Iowa State Patrol warns of winter like conditions during holiday weekend
- Iowa State Patrol negotiators win competition
- Quick changing road conditions
- Travelers facing road conditions
- Road conditions in North Iowa and southern Minnesota
- Iowa DOT explains how it gets road conditions into 511
- Iowa State Patrol issued tow ban during Wednesday's snow storm
- Iowa State Patrol releases 'Click it or Ticket' numbers
- Iowa State Patrol: Texting while driving citations see significant jump