DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — The Iowa State Fair has set a record for attendance at the annual 11-day event in Des Moines.
Fair officials say an estimated 1,130,260 people attended the fair that ended Sunday. That topped the previous record set in 2017 by 189 people.
Attendance was a bit behind the 2017 mark but moved ahead thanks to pleasant weather over the weekend.
The fair also set a record for Grandstand concert attendance, with the biggest draw being the 15,775 people who attend a Thomas Rhett concert on Aug. 15.
- Iowa State Fair sets attendance record of 1.13 million
- New record attendance for Iowa State Fair
- New attendance record at Minnesota State Fair
- Iowa and Minnesota set new records for midterm voting
- Record-setting cold in Minnesota
- Rockwell native sets powerlifting records
- Fair in Iowa learns state law bars elephant rides
- North Iowa couple gets engaged at Minnesota State Fair
- Iowa to pay nearly $1.1 million in state worker's lawsuit
- Iowa State's marijuana shirt ban case costs school $1 million