MASON CITY, Iowa- The Iowa Department of Transportation unveiled its plan to update Highway 122 in Mason City from S. Monroe to S. Carolina. It left many people with questions on how they will get around.
Barb Gasaway, of Mason City, lives near where the project is set to take place. A DOT Spokesman said the project starts Thursday and parts of 5th St. will be closed within a couple of weeks.
The DOT said they will be making a number of updates: repaving, softening the turn at Massachusetts Ave., adding new sidewalks and a bike lane.
But Gasaway believes this project isn’t worth the headaches.
“I don't know that it was necessary, but I’m more interested in learning how the flow of traffic is going to go while they are doing construction,” she said.
- Iowa DOT reveals Highway 122 project
- Iowa 122 reconstruction project begins
- Highway 122 construction project impacts so far
- Gas leak closes Highway 122
- 122 project impacting local businesses
- Iowa DOT road announcements
- Highway 122 project creates dangerous intersections on side streets
- Highway 122 project in Mason City 'a long time coming'
- Highway 122 construction safety changes being made
- Section of Highway 122 to open Tuesday