WORTH COUNTY, Iowa – Two north Iowans were hospitalized following a head-on crash Friday morning involving a semi.
The Worth County Sheriff’s Office responded to the scene on Highway 9 near Thrush Ave. at 4:18 a.m. and found a 2006 Buick Lacerne, driven by Devin Dewalle, of Osage, in the north ditch. In the south ditch was a 2013 Kenworth tractor/trailer driving by Michael Helvik, of Alexander.
Both drivers were taken to Mercy One North Iowa Medical Center and were treated and released. Highway 9 was restricted to one lane for an extended period of time.
The Worth County Sheriff’s Office was assisted by the Manly Fire Department, Mason City Fire Department and Dick’s Towing.
- Update: 2 north Iowa men hospitalized following head-on crash in Worth County
- Worth County crash Monday morning
- North Iowa representatives make stop in Worth County
- Update: North Iowa woman killed in Winnebago County crash
- Weather update in North Iowa
- UPDATE: I-35 reopened after semi crash in Worth County
- UPDATE: Rollover crash in Worth County injures one
- Rollover crash early Sunday in Worth County
- Multiple crashes on I-35 in Worth County
- Two-vehicle crash in Worth County