LYLE, Minn. – A shotgun blast damaged a rural Mower County house over the weekend.
The County Sheriff’s Office says a homeowner reported leaving his property in the 10000 block of Highway 105 around 2 pm Sunday, returning a short time later to find a storm door window broken and a slug embedded in the wall.
Investigators say the slug was apparently from a 20 gauge shotgun. No one was injured.
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has been notified about the incident and the Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone who may have been in the area Sunday or has information about the shot to contact them.
The Mower County Sheriff’s Office is also reminding hunters to use extreme caution and be aware of their surroundings in rural areas.
- Investigation underway into Mower County house hit by gunfire
- Gunfire hits apartments in Austin
- Investigation underway into Freeborn County house fire
- Truck hits tree in Mower County
- Motorcyclist hits a deer in Mower County
- Semi hits SUV in Mower County
- Mower County fugitive sentenced
- Mower County chooses delegates
- Mason City police investigating weekend gunfire
- Gunfire reported in Austin