CLEAR LAKE, Iowa – Authorities are investigating overnight burglaries to two Clear Lake businesses.
The South Shore Donut Co. in Clear Lake posted on Facebook Tuesday that its front door was smashed, 10 pounds of hamburger was stolen along with hot dogs and chips. The business is located at 1205 S. Shore Dr. Owners John and Whitney Mixdorf said that the store will be closed Wednesday and will reopen Thursday morning.
In addition, Randy's Neighborhood Market on 1st Avenue South had a front window shattered, though there was nothing taken.
Assistant Manager Zach Majerczyk said that the window has since been replaced, though customers haven't noticed much of a difference.
"Most people don't. In fact, I've been talking to some of them, they don't even realize that the window is clear now. It doesn't have any decals or stickers that it once had."
He adds that Clear Lake is not exactly a place where break-ins and vandalism typically happen.
"It's a fairly quiet town, so you don't expect it at all."
Clear Lake police said Tuesday that an investigation is underway and no arrests have been made.
Police said the vandalism happened sometime overnight.
- UPDATE: Investigations underway after Clear Lake businesses vandalized overnight
- Update: 3 Clear Lake businesses burglarized Sunday into Monday
- Clear Lake Chamber recognizes people and businesses
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- UPDATE: Two-vehicle collision near Clear Lake
- Update: Fuel spill reported in Clear Lake
- SAW: Clear Lake's Gretchen Jones
- Clear Lake officially ice free
- SAW: Clear Lake Boys Golf
- SAW: Clear Lake's Chloe Mueller