ROCHESTER, Minn. – John Sherwin has been sworn in as Rochester’s interim police chief.
Wednesday is Roger Peterson’s last day as chief and Sherwin has been selected to fill the roll until a permanent replacement is named.
“I am honored and excited for this opportunity to lead the effort in keeping Rochester safe,” says Sherwin. “Although this appointment is temporary, I am devoted to moving the department forward and setting the state for our next Chief.”
Sherwin in a 20-year veteran of law enforcement and joined the Rochester Police Department in 2001
- Interim police chief named in Rochester
- Interim Mason City Fire Chief named
- Franklin named Rochester's new police chief
- Joe Ciola named Austin interim baseball coach
- Finalists named in search for new Rochester police chief
- Rochester police chief candidate removed from consideration
- Rochester's next Fire Chief is...
- Rochester Police Policy Oversight Commission discussion on Police Chief
- Rochester closer to finding next police chief after community forum
- Rochester police chief impersonator leads to woman being out $10K