ALBERT LEA, Minn. – An attic fire did about $4,000 in damage to an Albert Lea home Friday.
Firefighters were called to the 2000 block of Greenwood Driver around 12:30 pm and say they arrived to find light smoke coming from a roof vent. Crews had to struggle with limited access space but found the smoke was coming from a ceiling bath fan that overheated and ignited some insulation in the attic.
There are no reported injuries.
The Albert Lea Fire Department says residents should remember that bath fans are designed to run for only a limited time and encourage people to install a timer for the switch.
- Insulation fire damages Albert Lea home Friday
- Fire damages house just outside Albert Lea
- Albert Lea home suffers major damage in Monday fire
- Camper fire in Albert Lea
- Forklift fire in Albert Lea
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- Fire causes $35,000 worth of damage in Albert Lea
- Albert Lea house fire causes $20K in damage
- Fire at Albert Lea business causes minimal damage
- $10,000 in damage after kitchen fire at Albert Lea residence