SEVERE WX : Winter Weather Advisory View Alerts
STREAMING NOW: Watch Now
CLOSINGS: View Closings

Insulation fire damages Albert Lea home Friday

Bath fan blamed for overheating.

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 3:44 PM

ALBERT LEA, Minn. – An attic fire did about $4,000 in damage to an Albert Lea home Friday.

Firefighters were called to the 2000 block of Greenwood Driver around 12:30 pm and say they arrived to find light smoke coming from a roof vent. Crews had to struggle with limited access space but found the smoke was coming from a ceiling bath fan that overheated and ignited some insulation in the attic.

There are no reported injuries.

The Albert Lea Fire Department says residents should remember that bath fans are designed to run for only a limited time and encourage people to install a timer for the switch.

Article Comments

Mason City
Overcast
65° wxIcon
Hi: 64° Lo: 32°
Feels Like: 65°
Albert Lea
Overcast
63° wxIcon
Hi: 61° Lo: 28°
Feels Like: 63°
Austin
Overcast
63° wxIcon
Hi: 64° Lo: 32°
Feels Like: 63°
Charles City
Clear
63° wxIcon
Hi: 63° Lo: 36°
Feels Like: 63°
Rochester
Overcast
60° wxIcon
Hi: 61° Lo: 33°
Feels Like: 60°
Scattered showers on Thursday
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Latest Video

Image

Chris' PM Weather Forecast 4/2

Image

Coronavirus Testing

Image

IBM employees in Rochester helping fight COVID-19

Image

Coronavirus impacting elections this fall

Image

Custody arrangements during a pandemic

Image

Sara's Midday Forecast - Thursday

Image

Organizations host webinar about available resources

Image

Training your dog with virtual classes

Image

Sara's Daybreak Forecast - Thursday

${item.thumbnail.title}

StormTeam 3: When will rain become a mix?

Community Events