ROCHESTER, Minn. - It's the economic development initiative that aims to make Rochester a global health care hub. Destination Medical Center, known as DMC.
At the center of the DMC plan is One Discovery Square. On Monday, a group of community members got a tour of One Discovery Square.
"It's exciting to have the opportunity to come inside a place that I've read about and wondered about," said Sara Gilliland, a longtime Rochester resident and retired Mayo Clinic employee.
"One Discovery Square is really a health care innovation campus that is really designed to be a work-play ecosystem," said One Discovery Square's Community Manger, Meghann Southwick.
From University of Minnesota-Rochester classrooms, to state of the art Mayo Clinic laboratories, One Discovery Square is a place for collaboration and growth.
"Ever since we came in 1984, Mayo is constantly changing. So this is the latest," said Gilliland.
Plans are in the works for Two Discovery Square.
- Inside One Discovery Square
- Sneak peek inside One Discovery Square building
- New business inside One Discovery Square
- 3D art at One Discovery Square celebration
- A sneak peek into the new One Discovery Square building.
- Developers talk Two Discovery Square as part of DMC development
- St. Ansgar's South Square receives grants
- Hagedorn and Feehan square off in debate
- Bakers Square closing its doors in Rochester
- DMC public meeting discusses future of Discovery Walk