SEVERE WX : Flood Warning View Alerts

Incense falling into garbage starts Mason City fire

Those on scene say there is minor damage to the property.

Posted: Nov 20, 2017 12:50 PM
Updated: Nov 20, 2017 12:50 PM

Mason City, Iowa – Fire crews responded to 14th St. NE and Pennsylvania Ave. on Monday.
First responders say the fire began when the resident’s incense fell into a garbage can. The resident attempted to put it out with an extinguisher but it did not work.
Those on scene say there is minor damage to the property.

Article Comments

Mason City
Overcast
62° wxIcon
Hi: 74° Lo: 56°
Feels Like: 62°
Albert Lea
Overcast
59° wxIcon
Hi: 72° Lo: 57°
Feels Like: 59°
Austin
Overcast
61° wxIcon
Hi: 72° Lo: 56°
Feels Like: 61°
Charles City
Overcast
59° wxIcon
Hi: 71° Lo: 55°
Feels Like: 59°
Rochester
Overcast
57° wxIcon
Hi: 66° Lo: 53°
Feels Like: 57°
Tracking showers and storms to finish off our Saturday
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Latest Video

Image

Ride to Fight Suicide hopes to prevent suicide

Image

Bridgeport Marina Projects looks to make Albert Lea safer

Image

Famous potato raises money for Rochester Flyers

Image

Dog attack in Mason City

Image

Mason City man attacked by dog

Image

SX Weather Cutin June 15

Image

Cutin June 15

${article.thumbnail.title}

Storm Team 3: Severe storms possible this afternoon and evening

Image

Williamson heads to Mariners

Image

Saint Ansgar softball shuts out Osage

Community Events