GOODELL, Iowa – An Illinois woman is accused of stealing thousands of dollars of jewelry in Hancock County.
Tiffany Leanne Clayton, 30 of Jacksonville, IL, is charged with 2nd degree theft. Authorities say she was staying at a home in Goodell between December 2017 and February 2018 and stole jewelry from the homeowners estimated to be worth $9,450.
Authorities say some of the jewelry was pawned in Mason City by Clayton, while other pieces of jewelry were pawned by friends of Clayton.
A warrant was issued for Clayton on April 9 and she was arrested in Mason City on October 24.
- Illinois woman charged with jewelry theft in Hancock County
- Not guilty plea in Hancock County jewelry theft
- Death ends Hancock County theft case
- Guilty plea in Mason City jewelry theft
- Prison for Mason City jewelry theft
- Man charged with mail theft in Hancock County
- Probation for Hancock County woman
- Woman sentenced in deadly Hancock County crash
- Three facing drug charges in Hancock County
- Hancock County teacher charged with OWI