ROCK FALLS, Iowa – An Illinois man is reported missing in North Iowa.
The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office says it received a report Saturday morning that Lawrence (Larry) Eugene Howlett, 48 from Sandwich, IL, went missing at Camp at the Woods northwest of Rock Falls.
The Sheriff’s Office say Howlett was last seen on June 1 around 10 pm near his camper along the Shell Rock River. He’s described as a white male, 5’5’’ tall and 136 pounds, with green eyes and grayish brown hair. Howlett has Batman and Superman tattoos on his left arm, along with the name Baileigh, and the name Shantal tattooed on his right arm.
Investigators say Howlett was last seen wearing blue jean shorts, a gray tank top, white socks, and new khaki boots.
James Thye has been working alongside Howlett in sub-contract work in Mason City, and has allowed Howlett to stay with him at the campground. He describes Howlett as a very sociable person who has been visiting with some people around the campground.
"He's very likeable. He's very sociable, he's met a lot of friends here and everybody seemed to like him."
Thye has been trying to trying to find him, and staying in contact with Howlett's family and law enforcement, as well as getting the message out there.
"I was informed this morning that a female officer traveled the river road and stopping at openings and looking to see if she can find Larry. And she called me asking if I had anymore ideas where they might look for him, and I really don't have anymore ideas."
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to contact the Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office at 641-421-3000.
- Illinois man reported missing in North Iowa
- UPDATE: Missing woman located in North Iowa
- Info poster released of man missing in North Iowa
- Beef recall in Iowa, Wisconsin, and Illinois
- Man goes missing in northeast Iowa
- North Iowa drug charges against California man
- North Iowa man airlifted after motorcycle accident
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty in North Iowa
- North Iowa man convicted of involuntary manslaughter
- Man gets probation for North Iowa chase