MASON CITY, Iowa – A man has been arrested in Mason City for identity theft in Jasper County.
Jason Allan Garcia, 42, was arrested Friday on an outstanding warrant and is being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on $10,000 bond. Garcia was charged on January 31 with one count of identity theft involving more than $1,000.
Authorities say Garcia stole a credit card in Newton on December 22 and made $1,110.04 in purchases with it at various locations in Des Moines and Mason City. Law enforcement says surveillance videos at the businesses show Garcia using the stolen credit card.
- Identity theft arrest in Mason City
- Man arrested in Mason City snowmobile thefts
- Local woman warns about identity theft
- Mason City man arrested for assault and theft
- Guilty plea in Mason City jewelry theft
- Guilty pleas in Mason City theft
- First sentence in Mason City home theft
- Prison for Mason City jewelry theft
- Mason City man facing felony theft charge
- Prostitution arrest in Mason City