DODGE CENTER, Minn. - Locals in Dodge Center are putting a spin on winter.
Dave Chicos and his buddies built an ice carousel.
He says they carved out a block of ice just over 100 feet wide on a pond and then put a motor on it. About 40 people hopped on for a spin.
"It was fun and everyone seemed to enjoy it," Chicos said. "Some of our friends couldn't believe that we would do such a thing. We just wanted something interesting and unique."
Chicos says it took his crew only about two hours to create it from start to finish. The idea came from online. They have since dismantled the carousel but says they are planning to build another one next winter.
- Ice carousel puts a spin on winter in SE Minnesota
- Ice skating for a cause in SE Minnesota
- StormTeam 3: SE Minnesota, northern Iowa under Winter Weather Advisory
- 2018 Winter Ice Fishing Day
- Ice jams causing extra work for family-owned SE Minnesota business
- NE Iowans crash in SE Minnesota
- SE Minnesota trail gets national designation
- Early morning fire in rural SE Minnesota
- Special deer hunts planned for SE Minnesota
- Addressing water quality issues in SE Minnesota