CLARION, Iowa – An identity theft charge is dismissed in Wright County after the suspect is deported.
Evangelina Garcia-Garcia, 59 of Eagle Grove, was accused of using the name and Social Security number of someone living in North Dakota to get a job at Daybreak Foods. Authorities say using that Social Security number denied the victim over $10,000 in benefits.
A nationwide warrant was issued for Garcia-Garcia’s arrest in November 2018 after she failed to appear for a court hearing. One count of identity theft against her was dismissed in November 2019 after federal law enforcement deported Garcia-Garcia.
- ID theft charge dropped after Wright County woman is deported
- Man charged with Wright County shooting
- Manure spill in Wright County
- Fatal collision in Wright County
- Wright County woman sentenced for robbing an unoccupied home
- Sex abuse charges filed against Wright county teen
- Northwood woman charged with Burger King theft
- UPDATE: Power restored in Hancock, Wright Counties
- Guilty plea in Wright County sex abuse
- Man arrested after standoff in Wright County