ROCHESTER, Minn. – An investigation is underway into the theft of more than $300,000 from Mayo Clinic.
Mayo says the theft was discovered in Rochester in 2016 and reported to the FBI. It is believed an employee responsible for handling cash stole the money and may have stolen other property as well.
Mayo says the employee involved was fired and it has implemented improved cash handling practices.
No other details have been released by Mayo or the FBI.
- Hundreds of thousands of dollars reported stolen at Mayo Clinic
- Mayo reopens clinics Monday
- Multimillion dollar grant renewed for Mayo Clinic Cancer Center
- Mayo Clinic Emergency Staff Plan
- Mayo Clinic makes fundraising history
- Mayo Clinic warns against vaping
- Semi accident causes hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage
- Hundreds of dollars worth of Christmas gifts stolen from home
- Alzheimer's Disease Research at Mayo Clinic
- Mayo Clinic is helping sex trafficking survivors