FOREST CITY, Iowa- Hundreds of people flooded the newly finished Boman Fine Arts Center in Forest City Monday.
“I’m delighted to see so many people,” said Pat Nessa of Forest City.
Nessa was among the lot that waited in the chilly weather Monday to find her seat in the new fine arts center.
She said she has waited months for the doors to finally open as construction took place for nearly a year and a half.
Nessa said the big turnout shows how much the city needed something to support the arts.
“We have been really lacking in good space to have benefits and things,” she said. “This is so well done and it’s really going to be a benefit to Forest City.”
- Hundreds flood to Boman Fine Arts Center for open house
- Iowa fine arts standards changing
- Mason City Flood Response Center opens
- Austin Art Center displays exhibit on black art
- Rochester Art Center says profits are up
- FastCare North Center opens
- MNDOT hosts open house
- Missouri river flooding hits hundreds of Midwest homes
- Cancer treatment costing Chatfield art center its development director
- A big donation to Forest City's new art center