MASON CITY, Iowa- After winning the Democratic Primary for the 2018 Governor’s race, Fred Hubbell is introducing his running mate for Lieutenant Governor, Rita Hart.
Hart is from the Charles City area. She graduated from Charles City High School and started her higher education career at north Iowa Area community College.
She says several of her brothers are still in the area and she has family in Mason City.
Hart says these ties give her an idea of the needs of rural Iowa.
“The needs of rural Iowa is an issue across the state,” hart said. “Every one of these small towns is struggling a little bit right now. Especially while we have some uncertainty in the farm economy.”
- Hubbell's running mate grew up in North Iowa
- Fred Hubbell picks his running mate
- Gubernatorial governor candidate Fred Hubbell stops in North Iowa
- Hubbell discusses politics surrounding Tibbetts findings
- Swanson stands by running mate, despite pressure from liberal groups
- Democratic candidate for governor Fred Hubbell in Lake MIlls Friday
- Tax officials: Hubbell got homeowners exemptions in 2 states
- Reynolds flies, Hubbell drives in final governor's race push
- Iowa Governor makes stop in north Iowa
- Fred Hubbell visits Mason City to learn about corn, ethanol industries