CRESCO, Iowa – A northeast Iowa lawyer is heading to prison for stealing from his clients.
Todd William Kowalke, 56 of Cresco, was sentenced Monday in Howard County District Court to 10 years behind bars and ordered to pay $145,278.03 in restitution. He pleaded guilty to 1st degree theft after authorities accused him of embezzling from the estate of a client and from an investment group called “Backwoods Partners.”
Court documents state Kowalke admitted to stealing the money to support a gambling habit.
- Howard County lawyer heading to prison
- Howard County farmer sentenced to federal prison
- No prison for Howard County hospital embezzler
- Howard County lawyer pleads guilty to stealing from clients
- Helicopter crash in Howard County
- Howard County burglar gets probation
- Howard County drivers collide in Winneshiek County
- Howard County lawyer pleads not guilty to stealing from a dead woman
- More probation for Howard County woman
- Frozen pipe warning in Howard County