ROCHESTER, Minn.-- To help people stay bundled up in the frigid weather, the Rochester Public Library is collecting and distributing donated winter items through the Warm Up Rochester program.
Here's how you can help warm up Rochester. The following information is from the Rochester Public Library.
• Which desk can people drop off winter hats, gloves, and scarves at?
o We accept donations at any public service desk.
• How long will the program be running?
o We run the program from approximately first frost until the weather is consistently above freezing in the spring. We collect donations year-round.
• Have you gotten some donations already? If so, how many?
o Yes! So far we have 300 items for this season. Last year we gave away over 1,000 items, so we always need more. Right now we have a need especially for gloves, mittens, and scarves.
• Where can people pick up the items?
o Three locations - inside the lobby, on the second floor, and in Youth Services. Look for the labeled table and/or carts.
- Rochester's warming center has new location
- How you can help warm up Rochester
- Generous donation helps Rochester Community Warming Center
- Rochester Public Library looking to "Warm up Rochester"
- Rochester Salvation Army Warming Center ready for guests
- Police: Truck warming up stolen from Rochester location
- Rochester City Council approves $15,000 for warming center consulting services
- Rochester warming center looks to do more for the community
- Homeless for the Holidays: Rochester Community Warming Center needs volunteers
- Salvation Army is opening its Rochester warming center