KIMT NEWS 3- The Mega Milions jackpot is now $548 million. That’s the third largest jackpot in the game’s history.
“If you give me some time I would certainly make use of it,” said Mary Church.
Meaning more people who said they don’t often play are picking up tickets of their own.
“I’ll probably have to stop and buy a couple tickets just in case,” said Carolyn Wiley. “You never know, it could be my lucky day.”
“$548 million, yeah I’ll probably buy one,” said Travis Abernathey.
But winning that kind of money is incomprehensible for some like Church; especially since the odds of winning are 1 in over 300 million.
“I strive just to make ends meet and then have a little in addition so that amount is magnanimous,” she said.
On the other hand, some already have it all figured out when it comes to spending the big bucks.
“I think I would go ahead and put a state of the art autism compound here in Mason City,” said Wiley. Something everybody from the Midwest would want to get involved with and make it not necessarily just for special needs or autism but all special needs children.”
“I would cook lunch for everybody in Mason City,” said Abernathey. “Some nice, gourmet, off-the-wall, something unique, something that they never had, just so everybody could say they had a good meal.”
But everyone I spoke with said they don’t have to win all that money. They just hope whoever wins does well for those around them.
“You think about the hurricane that’s hitting Florida and the panhandle coast and all of that money that people are losing, it just seems strange that some people give it away as a lottery when there are so many people in need of help,” said Wiley.
The drawing for the Mega Million is Friday.
- How would you spend the $548 million Mega Million jackpot?
- Mega Millions jackpot at $548,0000,000
- Mega Millions Jackpot reaches $415 million
- Mega Millions numbers for $1B jackpot announced
- Mega Millions jackpot up to $521 million as drawing nears
- Powerball's $620 million jackpot hopes to tempt Mega Millions losers
- It's official: Mega Millions jackpot at...One Billion Dollars!
- Mega Millions jackpot to hit $654,000,000 for Tuesday drawing
- No Mega Millions winner, jackpot climbs to $1.6 billion
- Mega Millions jackpot now third highest in U.S. history