Photo Gallery 3 Images
The cold blast that has struck the area is officially a record breaker in some locations.
Mason City and Albert Lea broke records with their sub-zero temps Wednesday. Mason City reached -28, breaking the record of -26 that was established in 1951.
Albert Lea reached -29, which tied the record that was set in 1966.
Rochester reached -29, which is still 11 degrees off from the record set in 1951.
Austin bottomed out at -26, and Charles City areached -27.
CUSTOM FORECAST: Current Conditions
MORE: Maps & Radars
INTERACTIVE RADAR: Click Here
LIVE EYE: Tower Cams
SIGN UP: KIMT News 3 Email Newsletter
- How low can we go? For some, it's record-breaking low temps
- Record-breaking temps impact aging infrastructure
- Near record low temperature expected for Twins home opener
- Ridiculously cold temps in the Northeast break records
- Record-breaking temps could mean less emerald ash borer
- IA/MN unemployment hits 18-year low
- Tax assistance for low-income taxpayers
- Iowa and Minnesota seeing low flu activity
- NIACC relay breaking records
- April 4th, 2018: the date low temperature records were broken (or tied)