MASON CITY, Iowa - For the third time in about five weeks, gunfire has been reported in Mason City.
Gunshots in Mason City struck a residence in the 700 block of 12th St. NE at 9:25 p.m. on Wednesday, police said.
“It appears the residence was intentionally targeted by someone who traveled to that location in a vehicle,” police said in a press release.
No injuries were reported, and the suspect left the scene in a vehicle.
"I was outside letting my dogs out about 9:30 p.m. and all of a sudden I saw a car creeping through the alleyway really slowly and all of a sudden a bunch of bangs went off," says witness Phil Pruessner.
Pruessner thought those bangs were fireworks but soon learned they were gunshots.
"They shot at the house 7-10 times about 10 to 15 feet from me."
After checking with the police this afternoon all they can say is this is an ongoing investigation, but people in this neighborhood want answers.
"I just want to see whoever is doing this caught because it's not okay for them to go around shooting at people's houses. There are families, children and elderly people in this neighborhood and you're not thinking of other people's lives, you're only thinking of that person you're going after. Anything can happen like a ricochet. I almost got killed," says Pruessner.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Mason City Police Department at 641-421-3636.
This is the latest in a string of shootings in Mason City.
On April 30, a house with seven people inside was shot up near downtown.
Around two weeks prior to that, gunfire was reported in a neighborhood on the north side of town.
- Police: Residence in NE part of Mason City hit by gunfire, location 'intentionally targeted'
- Construction closing part of 1st Street NE in Mason City
- UPDATE: Suspect identified in Mason City gunfire
- Teen pleads guilty to Mason City gunfire
- Gunfire hits apartments in Austin
- Mason City man arrested for allegedly hitting victim with car intentionally
- Teen going to prison for Mason City gunfire
- Broken Arrows, hitting targets
- Mason City Housing Authority opens new location
- Gunfire reported in Austin