ROCHESTER, Minn. - A large structure fire in the 5600 block of Meadow Drive SE began with a loud bang, the homeowner said.
The homeowner was on the property at the time and tells authorities it began with a lawnmower fire. The homeowner and two dogs were able to get out of the home before being injured.
The two story building was fully engulfed in flames and the home is surrounded by trees. Crews are working to make sure it doesn't spread past the home.
The house is a total loss.
Olmsted County requested mutual aid from Dover and Eyota.
This is a developing story.
We will continue to bring you the latest information as it becomes available.
- Fire consumes Olmsted Co. home
- Fire consumes Notre Dame cathedral in France
- Report of shots fired in Olmsted County
- UPDATE: Semi catches fire in Olmsted County
- BREAKING: Shed fire in Olmsted County
- Brush fire in northern Olmsted County
- Crews respond to fire in Olmsted County
- Consumers feeling confident in economy
- Laptops, tablets and jewelry reported stolen from Olmsted Co. home
- Olmsted Sheriff: Tools stolen from home construction site