LE ROY, Minn. – The occupant of a home was able to escape safely during a fire early Wednesday morning.
The Le Roy and Chester fire departments responded to a house fire call at 510 E. Main St. and found an active fire in the basement that crews were able to extinguish.
Authorities on scene told KIMT that the occupant of the home was there at the time of the fire and did call 911.
Part of Main St. from Harrison St. to Ada St. was blocked off before reopening just after 6 a.m.
There is no word on the cause of the fire or the extent of the damage.
- House fire early Wednesday morning in Mower County
- Sunday morning house fire in rural Mower county
- Mower County fugitive sentenced
- Fire in Mower county destroys two vehicles
- Mitchell County man dies in Mower County
- Investigation underway into Mower County house hit by gunfire
- Big donation for Mower County United Way
- Truck hits tree in Mower County
- Crash on icy I-90 in Mower County
- Nora Springs woman in Mower County crash