MESERVEY, Iowa – A family is homeless after a Monday morning fire in Cerro Gordo County.
A 911 call came in around 9:10 am about a house fire in the 200 block of Ohio Street in Meservey. The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office says it appears the fire started from a heater in the bedroom and smoke damage has made the home uninhabitable.
A woman and three children escaped the fire without injury and firefighters recovered one dog and one car. A second cat is still missing.
- House fire Monday morning in Meservey
- Boil advisory lifted for Meservey
- Meservey residents asked to watch water temperature
- UPDATE: Boil advisory lifted for Meservey
- Meservey man in fair condition after tractor rollover
- Meservey library wanting to help feed kids this summer
- House damaged by Friday morning fire
- Sunday morning fire destroys Austin house
- Worth County crash Monday morning
- Monday morning crash in Rochester