House fire Monday morning in Meservey

Woman and three children escape.

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 12:22 PM

MESERVEY, Iowa – A family is homeless after a Monday morning fire in Cerro Gordo County.

A 911 call came in around 9:10 am about a house fire in the 200 block of Ohio Street in Meservey. The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office says it appears the fire started from a heater in the bedroom and smoke damage has made the home uninhabitable.

A woman and three children escaped the fire without injury and firefighters recovered one dog and one car. A second cat is still missing.

Article Comments

Mason City
Clear
55° wxIcon
Hi: 75° Lo: 55°
Feels Like: 55°
Albert Lea
Clear
55° wxIcon
Hi: 74° Lo: 56°
Feels Like: 55°
Austin
Scattered Clouds
59° wxIcon
Hi: 76° Lo: 58°
Feels Like: 59°
Charles City
Clear
57° wxIcon
Hi: 74° Lo: 56°
Feels Like: 57°
Rochester
Overcast
57° wxIcon
Hi: 73° Lo: 55°
Feels Like: 57°
Tracking a nice start to the weekend with storms returning overnight Sunday
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Latest Video

Image

Chris' PM Weather Forecast 8/23

Image

Senator Jodi Ernst continues her statewide tour

Image

Pannekoeken is set to open in a new location

Image

Mayo Nurse Exchange Program

Image

Second Chance at a Healthy Smile

Image

Bus Stop Shelter

Image

Tackling Traffic Congestion

Image

Back To School Eye Exam

Image

School Bullying

Image

Raising Money For Immigrant Children

Community Events