MYRTLE, Minn. - A vacant house was destroyed Monday morning by fire.
The Freeborn County Sheriff’s said authorities responded to 15401 862 Ave. in rural Myrtle for a house fire at around 7:10 Monday morning.
The house was fully engulfed in flames when responders arrived. The home is abandoned with no electricity on site, the sheriff’s office said.
The cause of the fire is under investigation and the State Fire Marshal's Office has been contacted to assists.
The Myrtle and Glenville Fire Departments also assisted with the call.
- UPDATE: House destroyed by fire in rural Freeborn County
- Multiple fires in rural Freeborn County
- UPDATE: Multiple agencies respond to fire in rural Freeborn County
- Sunday house fire in rural Freeborn County under investigation
- UPDATE: Rural house fire in southern Minnesota
- Investigation underway into Freeborn County house fire
- Flames destroy a rural Floyd County home
- UPDATE: Garage fire in rural Dodge County
- UPDATE: 2 animals die, equipment destroyed in Freeborn County structure fire
- Fire in rural Worth County