MASON CITY, Iowa - A Mason City couple is cleaning up after a fire damaged their rental property.
Around 8:30 Friday morning, fire crews were called to 34 15th Street NE.
According to renter James McLeod, shortly after he woke up for work, he noticed smoke coming from the upstairs. He got his wife April, their two dogs and one cat out. Another cat stayed in the house, but was located and was treated for smoke inhalation.
Most of the damage was contained to the kitchen area, though there was smoke damage throughout the house.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- House damaged by Friday morning fire
- $15K in damage after early-morning house fire in Rochester
- Early-morning house fire in Byron damages garage
- Insulation fire damages Albert Lea home Friday
- Fire damages house just outside Albert Lea
- Sunday morning fire destroys Austin house
- House fire Monday morning in Meservey
- Rochester home suffers significant damage after morning fire
- $7,500 in damage after early-morning garage fire in Rochester
- Mower Co. home severely damaged by Monday morning fire