ALBERT LEA, MN - Tuesday’s Winter storm has local hotels seeing the plus and negative side to weather like this.
Assistant General Manager Jeff Simpson with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites says personally he hates this weather, work wise he loves it. The biggest question he ends up answering through is day is how are road conditions from those staying or coming.
Simpson says the next question is can I cancel or book a stay.
“We get people that are calling we get half want to cancel reservations for tonight and then make up for that for some people pulling off the interstate,” Simpson said.
Checking in with Rochester’s Holiday Inn Express and Suites they're completely booked as of Monday night due to the weather. Mason City's said it's a rollercoaster of cancellations and reservations.
- Hotels filling up due to winter weather
- Winter Weather & Skin Care
- Winter weather advisory in effect
- Drivers brave the winter weather
- Winter weather affects spring business
- Winter weather causes weekend accidents
- Commuters deal with winter weather
- Enjoying the warm winter weather
- RCTC job fair helps fill nursing shortage
- Disposable coffee pods fill up landfills