MASON CITY, Iowa – The man who provoked an increase in security at Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa has been sentenced.
Heighted security measures were put in place at the hospital for two days in March after authorities say Alonzo Louis Hill, 49 of Steamboat Rock, threatened to shoot up the place because people were being allowed to see his wife while she was a patient.
Hill was arrested and charged with 1st degree harassment. His trial was to begin Tuesday but he pleaded guilty Monday and was sentenced to 14 days in jail and one year of supervised probation.
- Hospital harasser sentenced in Cerro Gordo County
- Car theft sentence in Cerro Gordo County
- Prison sentence for fatal collision in Cerro Gordo County
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- Rollover accident in Cerro Gordo County
- Two-car accident in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County Community Foundation announces grants
- Cerro Gordo County Auditor has resigned
- Election 2018: Final Cerro Gordo County results
- First confirmed flu in Cerro Gordo County