AUSTIN, Minn. – Hormel Foods is donating $5,000 to the Salvation Army and $5,000 to Hot Meals on Wheels.
“We are inspired by The Salvation Army and Hot Meals on Wheels and their efforts to fight hunger in our community and we are honored to join them in that fight,” said Clint Walters, Austin plant manager. “I would like to thank our employees, whose dedication and hard work make it possible for us to help those in need. On behalf of Hormel Foods, we are impacting the lives of our neighbors with the power of food. We are excited to help do our part in making a difference.”
Photo courtesy of Hormel foods.
Hormel Foods gave $300,000 to local hunger relief groups in 30 communities across the country in 2017.
“Hormel Foods is committed to fighting hunger in communities around the world where our employees work and live,” said Wendy Watkins, vice president of corporate communications at Hormel Foods. “By working with organizations at a local level, our locations have found great success in helping meet their community’s unique needs to help end hunger.”
- Hormel helps fight hunger in Austin
- Looking ahead: Fundraiser helping fight hunger
- Groundbreaking Research by Hormel
- Hormel is helping military families this Easter
- Hormel employees helping kids learn to read
- Arresting hunger
- Austin nonprofit hopes to stop hunger
- Hormel Foundation gives out millions
- Hormel workers support United Way
- Hormel honored as a workplace