AUSTIN, Minn. – Hormel Foods Corporation held its annual profit sharing distribution Wednesday.
The company says it gave out $17.5 million to eligible hourly and salaried employees in the 79th edition of its pre-Thanksgiving tradition.
"We continue to grow our brands and reach consumers in more ways than ever before," said Jim Snee, chairman of the board, president and chief executive officer at Hormel Foods. “The dedicated and inspired people of Hormel Foods are the greatest resource we have and the key reason Hormel Foods is able to maintain and expand its success. We are proud to once again celebrate our achievements through this year’s profit sharing contribution, a program that is unique in our industry.”
The profit sharing program was started in 1938 by Jay C. Hormel.
- Hormel gives out millions in profit sharing
- Hormel Foundation gives out millions
- Groundbreaking Research by Hormel
- Hormel workers support United Way
- Hormel honored as a workplace
- Hormel Foundation announces contribution of $8.4 million to area organizations
- Hormel Foods becomes a Yellow Ribbon Company
- Hormel is helping military families this Easter
- Lawsuit filed against Hormel Foods Corp.
- Hormel helps fight hunger in Austin