AUSTIN, minn- Mower County High Students spent the first day of summer learning all about food.
This was for a one week STEM Boot Camp. Through discussions and demonstration, students learned about food safety, how food fuels the body, and the impact weather has on food production.
Lorna Beaver says she got to see firsthand how different departments operate.
"This is another chance for me to learn how our food gets made and how the sanitize and test everything,” Beaver said.
The STEM Boot Camp is sponsored by Riverland Community College and the Hormel Foundation.
- Hormel Host STEM Boot Camp
- Groundbreaking Research by Hormel
- Hormel Foundation gives out millions
- Hormel workers support United Way
- Hormel honored as a workplace
- Hormel gives out millions in profit sharing
- Hormel Foods becomes a Yellow Ribbon Company
- Hormel is helping military families this Easter
- Lawsuit filed against Hormel Foods Corp.
- Hormel helps fight hunger in Austin