AUSTIN, Minn. - Hormel Foods is honored with the Beyond Yellow Ribbon award.
The award recognizes companies who make efforts to help military members and their families.
While Hormel Foods has a rich history of helping armed forces, like sending cans of meat to troops, the company said this award is about the future.
"It's about being intentional with hiring, retaining, and engaging veterans as employees," Jim Fiala, Manager of hog procurement, said.
Minnesota Lt. Governor Tina Smith and Major General Jon Jensen are some of the dignitaries that attended the ceremony.
- Hormel Foods becomes a Yellow Ribbon Company
- Lawsuit filed against Hormel Foods Corp.
- Former Hormel Foods president and CEO dies
- Groundbreaking Research by Hormel
- Hormel Foods Recalls 228,000 Pounds of Canned Products
- Hormel Foundation gives out millions
- Hormel workers support United Way
- Hormel honored as a workplace
- Hormel Host STEM Boot Camp
- Hormel gives out millions in profit sharing